El Mirage

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: El Mirage
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:50:59 -0700
El Mirage had near perfect racing weather this weekend, 88 entries. top speed
by Leggitt engines lakester @ 278 mph,Brook Waller on his bike @182 mph for
top speed.
Turbo Rick ran 190 mph in the Costello streamliner with the bike engine. There
were several records set. Check it out on the SCTA web page. all runs are
posted.
Now to stop a rumor thats going around. Tom Finn was in a accident in his
XO/PRO car. He has very serious injuries. This was a single car accident and
did not involve a motorcycle as the rumor mill has stated.We were just into
the second runs when the accident occured. It is being fully investigated by
our committee assigned to handle all incidents. I will try to give an update
on Tom's condition as I hear them. Please do not try to contact the family.

Glen