Re: El Mirage

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: El Mirage
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 19:29:50 -0500
Thank you Glen.... With the advent of Lawyers and the Internet we have
merging of two counter productive forces.... First that of litigation...
the second of course the rapid exchange of information.... and like the
Grapevine exercise... the more information is passed the less accurate it
becomes...

A quick release of pertinent information like you just did is Very helpful
in quailing the rumor mill....  I understand the primary quest for privacy
of the individual and organizations involved and the requirement to
maintain some degree of discretion until the Investigation is over.... BUT
taking a moment and letting us know what you can is Very helpful and down
right considerate.... it's nothing more then was known at the course by
most the spectators...

Thanks again....  I do like waiting a day for interested parties to find
out and be notified correctly....  it's an important step.

Keith Turk

----------
> From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
> To: landspeed@autox.team.net <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Cc: Cree:  Roy Creel <cree@antelecom.net>
> Subject: El Mirage
> Date: Monday, May 06, 2002 7:50 PM
>
> El Mirage had near perfect racing weather this weekend, 88 entries. top
speed
> by Leggitt engines lakester @ 278 mph,Brook Waller on his bike @182 mph
for
> top speed.
> Turbo Rick ran 190 mph in the Costello streamliner with the bike engine.
There