Re: Twin plug Ply at Lake

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Twin plug Ply at Lake
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:46:39 -0700
Keith; We got line up #190. So after a long wait we were right behind Ed Van
Skoy who was next to run, when Jerry started to get out of the car. He told
me the clutch slave cylinder (Jag) had failed and no shift. I told him we
didn't drag that thing down there and wait in that line to put it on the
trailer. Stick it in 3rd gear and I'll push it off and you can bang 4th.
So we pushed it off but it didn't like 3rd gear starts and it loaded up big
time and finally cleaned out at about half track. It was still accelerating
in 3rd when he cleared the lights. Ran 104 and change on a 100 minimum. I
understand this will qualify me or Jerry for charter membership it the Hop
Up Magazine 100 mph club for flathead four cylinder roadsters.
Rick ran 190 in NT 2 for record and I think he was taking it easy. The V7
sounded racy but only ran 157 in NT3. Jack says the Nissan record of 195 in
NT3 got stomped on pretty good so he wants to come and get the Nissan back.
That would be good I think. That's about all I know. Seemed like a real good
turn out and I thought there was plenty of interest in the "Classic" group
of cars.
My cat just brought in another snake. I think I liked the mice better.
Rich