RE: What's up?

To: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Subject: RE: What's up?
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:12:48 -0500
howdy
English wheel it out of metal. I'm drawing on Intellicad the anvil wheels
for an english wheel for my home shop right now, gonna make em outa 4140
steel on the Bridgeport CNC lathe we have here at work.
         got the BSA cam today, start installing it this weekend.
         I also am going to be inspecting a hybrid vehicle in the next
couple of weeks. seems this guy has built a steam powered electric car (he
modified a 1989 TCI Conquest) that he claims: " has 300 HP, does 0-60 MPH
times in 4.13 seconds, runs for 9 1/2 hours on 22 gallons of water, and
runs completely on water. uses a mini boiler with 500 separate heater coils
in it, all powered off the main batteries, steam is built up in seconds and
sent to the generator. The generator amps up the batteries and what power
is not used is stored in the backup batteries. " his quotes.... I should
have an interesting time ........

At 02:45 PM 5/17/02, you wrote:
>Trying to figure out how to make a compound curve in a composite work-up
>(fiberglass over foam) other than sanding for the next 3 days.  Any ideas?
>(There has to be a simple way to do this. (I hope))
>
>Thanks,
>Jim.

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316
        Current World Land Speed Record Holder
                 Bonneville Salt Flats
            H/GCC 92 cu.in. 1980 Dodge Colt
                   131.333 MPH set 1995
                   136.666 MPH set 1996
                   140.292 MPH set 2000
                   144.396 MPH set 2000
     MPS-PG 441 c.c. 1967 BSA Victor Motorcycle
                    95.193 MPH set 2001