Staying Cool

To: wmtsmith@landracing.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Staying Cool
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 06:01:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmm.  That gives me an idea, Bill.  I've got a brand new leaf blower that I
won in a drawing a few years ago.  Like I really need it on my farm!  I'll bet
I could rig some flex tubing and make a blower that would feed cold air from
inside the push truck.  As you know, I haven't had the Bonneville experience
yet, but I vividly recall several years ago, I had to straddle my bike in black
leathers at Daytona for nearly an hour while they held the grid for a delayed
start.  Two guys fell off their bikes and went to the hospital tent before the
race even started.  I thought I was going to be next, when they finally got the
OK to start.  I can imagine roasting in the car while waiting my turn at
Bonneville. I think I'll get to work "engineering" a cool air blower.
BTW, are you going to make the swap meet on the 22nd? You could get an
autograph from Miss Monica.  haa ha
Dick J
  wmtsmith@landracing.com wrote: The best way to stay cool & The Real Reason I
didn't't suffer was the "Koolie Kart" that Skip designed that had its own power
plant and a RV AC unit with a flex hose that we were able to pull to the start
line and direct the cool stream of air from it into the cockpit. This eneabled
me to leave the line under no heat stress at all.--Thanks Skip for the Kool
idea. wmts