Re: Imron paint

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Imron paint
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:22:32 -0700
Larry Mac,

Our local guys, Monte Widdison and Ed Shearer are very knowledgeable about
paint.

Monte says that the activator is like brake fluid, very susceptible to
moisture and moisture is the thing that starts the chemical reaction with
the paint.  If you are in a higher humidity area, the activator goes bad
that much faster.  Your experience is consistent with those facts ... worked
well when fresh, no good when it was just a month old.  Chances are that if
you get new activator and use it immediately you will have no further
problems with duPont Imron paint.  And this was advice from a PPG paint man.

Wes