RE: Imron paint

To: "'LGMCAFEE@aol.com'" <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Imron paint
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:05:59 -0500
List;

One suggestion is to buy an empty paint can from Home Depot or somewhere and
store the can of leftover activator inside. Pound the outside can lid on
gently and it should seal airtight. A Mason or Ball home canning jar is also
good but they don't hold as big a can inside.

For really good humidity protection, you can toss in a bag or two of
dessicant before you seal the outer can lid. Silica gel dessicant is used to
keep military stuff dry and sometimes small bags of it also come in
electronics packages.

Bake the silica gel bags in an oven for a few hours at around 300F to drive
off the moisture ("activate" the dessicant) and then use it immediately. It
absorbs the water vapor (humidity) out of the air inside the can. There is
usually a red/blue indicator in mil-spec bags that show when it needs to be
re-activated.

This works for any hygroscopic material such as brake fluid, etc., where
"dry is better."

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ  where it's 108 degrees but only 12% relative
humidity