Re: Imron paint

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Imron paint
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:39:35 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/02 1:28:32 PM Central Daylight Time,
wester6935@attbi.com writes:

<< Our local guys, Monte Widdison and Ed Shearer are very knowledgeable about
 paint.

 Monte says that the activator is like brake fluid, very susceptible to
 moisture and moisture is the thing that starts the chemical reaction with
 the paint.  If you are in a higher humidity area, the activator goes bad
 that much faster.  Your experience is consistent with those facts ... worked
 well when fresh, no good when it was just a month old.  Chances are that if
 you get new activator and use it immediately you will have no further
 problems with duPont Imron paint.  And this was advice from a PPG paint man.

 Wes

Wes this could very well be the problem (high humidity) we have plenty of
that in Mo. I just never had that problem before, what can be done to solve
that problem other than to use a new bottle of activator each time which I
can't afford to do. Thanks Larry Mac