Re: Traction Control

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:25:49 -0700
I've no problem letting everyone reading anything I say.  I personally have
mixed feelings concerning TC.  Especially in streamliner and lakester.
However, it usually comes down to do we really want a person getting in a
top speed car and then just planting his foot on the floor and letting a
computer do all his thinking and driving ( all he/she would do is shut it
down and pull the chutes) and at the end of 5 miles he's gone ???mph.  The
consensus is that at this time it not wanted at this time. Might as well
have it radio controlled. The computer will say we need 10 miles.

Just send in your design, computer drive it and demand your 200/300400 mph
record, club hat, and shirt.....

Will it save an incident? Probably.  Will you go as fast as person who
doesn't have.  Not right off.  The computer will probably not see tire spin
as a good thing.  Much experimentation will need to be done by the
competitor which will take time and money. This is where the wealth comes
it.  Are there vehicles up there now with it?  I wouldn't be surprised.

If it were allowed in streamliner/lakester, then the comp coupe and modified
roadsters would complain and on and on so it would end with your 47 merc
with a flathead having it and I'm sure that's not where the SCTA is headed
at this time.

Opinions are good there just like belly buttons and Chevrolet engines. You
can always state your case on the forms provided at registration.. Dan
Warner does a great job of  organizing them for the meeting and all are
welcome.   Good Luck. J.D.