Re: Speed Week day 1/addendum

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Speed Week day 1/addendum
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 06:59:47 -0700
I was standing at the start in mid-afternoon and a familiar voice said hello
... it was Howard Nafzger.  He talked with me for a while and then took off
because walking is easier on his back than standing.  He is upbeat about his
progress.  Still wears a large back brace but a recent visit with his
surgeon has made him very positive about returning to more normal activity.

I'll let him give you some of the tips his doctor gave him about avoiding
similar problems by being wise when you are young  (Us old guys either are
too beat up to use the advice or else we need to listen VERY carefully.)

Looks like he will be back on the salt with the liner next year if
everything continues in the current direction with his recovery.  Great
news!