Re: Flathead V60 in a Simca

To: john.szalay@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (John Szalay), locustent@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Flathead V60 in a Simca
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:38:42 -0400 (EDT)
John, outstanding!!  Loved those shop manual drawings!  It's the
good-old '37 Ford V8-60 all right, with an 8BA-style distributor added,
and a different water pump.

One of my oldest pals bought one of those new,  late-'50s Simcas in his
experimental period, at a dealer in Norfolk, VA here.  When he got it
home he decided to take a look underneath it, and what he saw was a mass
of RUST from one end to the other.  He said, "It looked as if it had
been towed behind the ship all the way across the Atlantic."  Whether
the experience went downhill from there, or improved, I don't remember.

But anyhow, the French seem to have had a long-lasting love affair with
Henry's Flathead V8s, what with these Simcas, and the "French Flatheads"
made up to recent times, and being sold around this country right now.
Thanks,  Ardun Bill