Re: Flathead V60 in a Simca

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flathead V60 in a Simca
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:11:15 -0400
At 12:38 PM 8/11/02 -0400, you wrote:
>John, outstanding!!  Loved those shop manual drawings!  It's the
>good-old '37 Ford V8-60 all right, with an 8BA-style distributor added,
>and a different water pump.

 I had to look that Simca up. I had a 53 Stude Commander coupe and I
really miss that car. Bought it with the 6 and then put a Chevy
283 in it..
 I thought I was familiar with the Simca, but
the fin description threw me, until I saw the pictures. looks
a little like the Rambler of that time too..

>But anyhow, the French seem to have had a long-lasting love affair with
>Henry's Flathead V8s, what with these Simcas, and the "French Flatheads"
>made up to recent times, and being sold around this country right now.
>Thanks,  Ardun Bill

  What goes around,  I was on an engineering visit to the Ford Truck
plant in Louisville Ky, a few years ago, they were running Rangers down
the line , and I was surprised to see the engines were all shipped
from France..   Don,t know what they are using now...