Re: Air Fuel Ratio ???

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Air Fuel Ratio ???
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:47:02 -0400
I run numbers that sound like 12.5 to 13.5 depending on a lot of things. Static
compression, type of fuel C-16 is my favorite for blown and nitrous,cooling
system capacity, and obviously what the dyno says. A turbo engine in my
experience is less sensitive to air fuel ratio than most combiations so on those
I tend to run it a few percent fat and let it be. Around 12.5 would be my first
shot at it. I does depend a large bit on intake air temp as well. I know plenty
of people do it but anything over 200 degrees air temp in the intake and I call
it quits. I am assuming you are talking about a gas engine with an intercooler
that is water to air.. When the air inlet can be pulled down to 100 or less I
will go for something in the 13/1 range on the dyno and see if there is any
power there. On a drag car with a real good intercooler (70 degree intake air
temp)I have run 13.5 and 32 lbs of boost but only for 7 seconds a a time.
Dave