Trucks & roof rails

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trucks & roof rails
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:56:32 -0700
Ok, for the sake of argument - pretend a full grown pickup truck were to go
200+. What would be required for roof rails? Just over the cab? Down the
sides of the bed? Along the hood, across the cab, and along the bed perhaps
rising to 6" near the tailgate? Would they be required prior to a 200mph
return run, or only at subsequent meets?
The roof rails are required for vehicles which run in excess of 200 mph or
where the existing record is 200 and higher.

If I were anticipating to run my vehicle over two and the record is currently
in the 190s I would make the addition before racing. It would be difficult to
fab rails at the salt but not impossible. The rails need be on the cab only,
any other extension could be looked at as an aero part vrs. roof rails.

"along the bed perhaps rising to 6" near the tailgate?" - NO!!!!!

Great job by a truck full o' nuts,

Dan Warner