RE: tornado denver

To: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>,
Subject: RE: tornado denver
From: "Stephen F. Doherty" <doherty5@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:58:09 -0700
What is your definition of a 'sit on bike'?

I think of any non-streamliner as a 'sit on' bike.  There are many
of these that have gone over 200 MPH.  Even if you exclude partial
streamlined, blown, multiple engined bikes, there is Dave Matson's
210.357 MPH in 1988, on a single engined, 16xx cc Vincent, running
in the 2000 M-F class (this was before the 1650 class).  I believe
the bike Dave is currently running is very close to the same frame
and motor he was running back in 1988.

SFD