Re: starting motorcycles

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>, Dave Seely <dseely@sginet.com>
Subject: Re: starting motorcycles
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:55:07 -0700 (PDT)
I sold my Victor in 1989 and I still limp - - - I thought a Harley KR was tough
to start until I bought that thing!
Dick J
 john robinson wrote:yeah wish I could pull the compression release when the
engine is spinning,
but that lifts the exhaust valve, which is way too close to the piston
anyway, (.045 piston to valve clearance or so......) and would cause a big
bang. I do use it for kick starting, cause I can feel it in the kick lever
ifn it begins to touch which it hasn't yet...yeah ignition off, that's how
I start the race car too.....get oil pressure up, and all that......still
limping but a couple of Guiness' at lunch today have helped.....