tornado denver

To: "LSR List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: tornado denver
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 16:19:07 -0600
Kinda funny with the day off I wanted to make some phone calls concerning my
project for next year which I will discuss later. But anyways im on the phone
with Dave Dahlgren, Don Vesco, FinishLine Coatings and Brother Joe. All while
outside there is a nice storm brewing not even paying attention I hear these
sirens going off not paying attention still gabbing away on the phone. Then
the sirens are going nuts so I mosey on downstairs grab a cup a coffeee and
turn on the tv when i find there was a tornado that touched down not even a
mile from my house. MMM I thought damn I didnt even pay attention. We have had
over 4" of rain in the last hour with hail size of 2". We are in a severe
drought right now so the rain will help but can do without the twisties and
hail.

Anyways project bike. My project 180 mph  1992 ZX6 Kawasaki that was running
nitrous.I did not run this year but have trying to come up with a plan for
next year. Looks like my plan will include the same bike, but with a
mechanical fuel injection with a turbo running possible alcohol or methanol.
Maybe a small hit of nitrous on top of that. I will be running same body work
and base bike. The project is far from coming together but I will have most of
the year to figure it out. This just all came to me today so now my wheels are
turning inside my little head about next year.
Goals would be a record, but who doesnt have this goal in mind, but mine
stretches even further. There has never been a sit on bike that has done 200
mph. Joe has offered rides on our ZX10 that probably could have gotten me a
record and in the 2 club but it means more doing it yourself.
Could the possibilty be to much? Could 200 mph out of a ZX6 598cc bike be even
possbile? Maybe I should think of a lesser goal?
It could be possible Back in 1986 Les Ranger took a APS-BF (altered partial
streamlined - Blown Fuel)  650cc to a speed of 180 mph. May not be to far out
of reach.  But those guys are also on top of their game. They are a great
team.
MMM thinking more... Any comments???? New website being done for the project
hope to have something completed in a week or two.

Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com