RULE BOOKS and Rule Info in general

To: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, <d.pulju@att.net>
Subject: RULE BOOKS and Rule Info in general
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 04:13:49 -0500
Mr Tone's advice is actually the best I have seen yet....  Brad and I have
always bought 3-4 rule books each....  I get mine from the USFRA's
website.... they are fast freindly and it's nice to support both the SCTA
and USFRA as I want them both avalible long term...

The Inspection sheets I've got have come from the SCTA and I have built the
Camaro around them....

Every problem I've ever had in Tech has been about misinterpetations of the
rules....  and Nope... not my misinterpetation, the Tech guys.... Most these
guys have specialty's  like Roadsters for example... and they are good in
thier area.... take them out of that and make them look at a Classic car for
example and they might have some trouble like I had this year.....Very few
folk involved in our sport have the ablity to deal with All the class's at
one time.... Dan Warner is one of them as is Brad Johnson....

Because Dan says something here doesn't make it the bottom line either...
you can't print an e-mail and take it to tech... but he can give you a
general idea of what's right....  There are instructions for rule questions
in the book... if you follow them whenever something is in questionable you
should have no problem.... ( Contacting Steve Batchelor can be tough but it
works )

There is also a proceedure to make a rule change... and we can discuss them
here but really need to follow up with an actual request for a rule change
using the SCTA's forms .... Avalible from them....

Keith ( not only being politically correct But it's also right
information...)