Re: Ugo Fadini report and FIA.

To: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Ugo Fadini report and FIA.
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:35:29 -0700
John, Malcolm,List,

At the risk of throwing gasoline on a fire, I dug out some old timing slips
of my record runs with the old Nafzger/Savage streamliner.
The results are as follows:

Down Run           Return Run         Average speed
232.468               222.222               227.345
253.915               236.967               228.079
239.235               218.327               228.781
252.623               224.452               238.537
239.235               244.173 *            241.767
250.505               245.868               247.868
253.771               252.200               252.985
252.988               257.493 *            255.240
256.923               255.973               256.448

With only two exceptions, the down run was faster than the return run. Why?
I don't remember the details since these runs were in the 80's but we may
have increased the boost for the return run. My experience has been that the
salt was ALWAYS rougher in the first 1 to 1 1/2 miles on the return run than
it was at the starting line. I could not really get on it until after the
first mile on the return run. Bryan who was driving the push truck said I
was airborn many times in that first mile on the return run.
I'm not trying to get yelled at or create any problems here, just presenting
some facts as represented on the timing slips I have. Something for you to
consider.
Howard