Re: Motorcycle streamliners that fell over ...

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Motorcycle streamliners that fell over ...
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:14:43 -0600
  http://www.amps.co.nz/bonne_name/bonnename2.html

"""Triumphs exploits at Bonneville didn't end there. In 1966 Bob Lappan
flew the Triumph flag even higher. Posting 245.6mph (395.24kph) in his
twin Thunderbird engined Gyronaut X-1. Again this was not recognised as
a world record because the bikes capacity exceeded the 1000cc limit
required for a FIM mark. Leppan and his engineer Joe Blutfodt were big
Triumph Dealers in Detroit. They later built a three engined version
whose suspension collapsed at about 270mph (434kph). """