RE: New Members

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New Members
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:11:10 -0400
OK.  I'm in.  Name is Jim Waldron and I'm a computer
geek with a big internet backbone company (in good financial
shape).  In a previous career I owned a NAPA parts store
and ran the machine shop (sold it - darn).  Built engines
for funny cars and SCCA road racers in the late 70's.  Picked
up a Hot Rod annual and read about the Summers Brothers assault
on 400 MPH and was hooked.  Don't know what it is about this
but it grabs something primal in me.  Life intervened (and
kids, and techie toys, and 20 years of other stuff) but I'm
ready to get back to this deferred goal as soon as I get the
house completed (what is it about building houses and this
list?)  A little different in that I'm doing the construction
myself (every nail) and have been at it for 8 years. (Whew)
But, drywall is up and painted and picked up the wood flooring
yesterday, so the light at the end of the tunnel is getting
brighter.  As soon as the house is complete I'll start on
the streamliner - not sure when, but this year for sure.
Thinking about a motorcycle streamliner in one of the lower
displacement classes - this list has been absolutely wonderful
for providing information, advice, and details for turning
a vague idea into some rough sketches and into a rough plan.
I've been lurking and agitating since March.

Thanks,
Jim W.