Re: Pick up truck push bars

To: "Tom Shannon" <Saltfever@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Pick up truck push bars
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:57:59 -0500
I think I bought my front receiver hitch from J.C. Whitney..... it was less
then a hundred bucks and works just fine as a push bar mounting point....

It's perfect for the Lakester but a bit high for the Camaro.... so Randy has
come up with a 4" drop receiver extension that should work out fine....

As for the actual push bar.... Joe Timney donated a large sheet of 1" thick
plastic that accepted a tap and I built an angle iron frame around it and
simply started sticking square tubing in to triangulate it until it was
sufficiently strong enough to take Randy's 50mph push starts........ oh and
add water to taste....

Took me an afternoon to make this mess and it's going to take a certificate
from the EPA to get rid of it someday....

Tell me life ain't Good

Keith