Re: Parachute and areodynamic breaks

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Parachute and areodynamic breaks
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:53:59 -0700
19th Special Forces in the Utah National Guard was having some severe
injuries from hard landings.  This went on for over ten years until an
experienced rigger asked "Why are you not jumping high altitude chutes?
These chutes are designed for low altitude and won't work as well in this
thin air ... someone could get hurt!"  Duh!

Switched chutes and it solved the problem with the parachute related
injuries.  The Field First Sergeant got some broken ribs when a barf bag was
tossed out from 1,000 feet and caught him in the side while he was bending
over, picking up his canopy.

Army humor.

Wes