Dry sump question

To: "land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dry sump question
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:57:24 -0800
Hi all,
     I was getting ready to start the engine in the street roadster for the
first time and I found something that has not happened on the modified.
After warming the oil, priming the system and getting 30 PSI with the
starter motor I let it sit over the weekend. Today I checked the oil level
in the tank and lo and behold it's down to one quart after being at eight
quarts on Friday. I checked the pan and found the other seven. I checked all
the plumbing and it is connected the same as the other car as per Barnes
instructions. There are two differences; one the tank has a greater head
than the installation in the modified and two is the use of redline 40
weight racing synthetic instead of the 50 weight we use in the blown alcohol
engine. I know the synthetics will find leaks that you would not see with
non, synthetics,  is this the cause?
Jim in Palmdale