RE: Dry sump question

To: "'Jim Dincau'" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: RE: Dry sump question
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:10:33 -0500
Jim,
Don't know right now the total answer but I can tell you that this
situation is typical in NASCAR dry sump systems. In fact, one of the
reasons to spin the pump is to get the oil out of the pan.(don't want
the crank to go slammin into the oil) My T'Bird always drains back but
then I also use 5 WT Red Line Race Oil (qualifying oil). I'll check with
the smart Bob and get you the real answer.
Grib

"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of
your life"