Re: Maxton (resend)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maxton (resend)
From: DahMurf <dahmurf_xl@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:07:00 -0800 (PST)
> For Sunday we wanted to give her an
> opportunity to correct a couple of things she didn't
> like with each of the
> passes and she ran a 166mph pass out of the box....
> Perfect deal really...
> me doing the car and computor work and her doing the
> driving and fixing her
> Nails....

Kick ass! Great work Tonya! BTW Keith, I wanted to
tell you & Tonya that I was quite impressed with Tonya
in the staging area. She was right there setting up
your next driver & pushing the car up to the start
line. A real team player not just a driver! Good for
her & good for you! ;)

> Arly Roe is a buddy who has
> been helping with me in the Lakester and he was up
> first.... everything went
> great until he got into the traps and the red
> warning light came on... seems
> he ran out of Oil Pressure....

Keith, I don't know if this makes a lick of difference
to you & of course I'm not picking on your driver,
however,  Todd was very concerned with that pass from
our vantage point on the start line. He said the
driver was nailing the rev limiter hard in every gear.
He watched the whole run & knew something wasn't
right. If you have data logging equipment you might
wanna check on your revs early on as well. Good luck
getting it sorted out.

We had a blast this weekend running the Sprint &
working the start line. We're going to make an effort
to work on the start line every meet. I'm sure David
will be happy to hear that! One thing I did learn
being on the start line is that I have a LOT to learn
about safety equipment. Todd & I plan to do a lot of
studying of the rules over the winter. I also would
personally like to follow a few techs around on
Fridays to watch what is being checked. If it has to
be right in Tech we want to double check it before
every start! One good part of the job is that they had
me on belt & zipper check. I've never had the
opportunity to fondle so many men in my life!!! woo
hoo! Who says it's work! LMAO! (oops, don't tell
Todd!)

We did good with the 250 Sprint this meet. Todd did a
shake down run at 75.+ mph which included a wheelie on
the start for the entertainment of the staging
participants. (He's such a ham). My one run with two
bad shifts out of four (first time on the bike) netted
a record in M/PF-250 at 76.+ MPH & Rosie, the owner of
the bike, topped off the weekend with a record in
M/PG-250 at 77.+ MPH. We were all very pleased with
the bikes performance as it's bone stock. We need to
adjust the shift lever as both us gals were missing
shifts, little feet I guess! We'll also do a few parts
changes this winter to bring it back next season to
run in the production class. It is one sweet looking
bike!

The other team we sponsor, Double Busa Racing should
finish out the year number 2 in points for the bikes.

Great season of racing & great people. Now Todd & I
need to get back to the drawing board to finish up his
1000cc ironhead & get my modifed 250 sprint project
underway.

Debbie aka Murf
Twin Jugs Racing

PS I'm having an identity crisis...