Re: Ice Intercooler

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, "list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ice Intercooler
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:17:15 +1100
G'day Dick
you could look at water injection or water / alcohol injection as an
alternative to ice water intercooling  do you mean when using alky-nitro is
there a difference in how to intercool or or a more general what difference
between using alky-nitro vs gas ? alky due to its higher latent heat of
evaporation will cool the intake charge more than gas
Gary

Has anybody on the list ever used or messed with ice intercooling?  I'm slowly
but surly setting up a GMC-blown Chrysler hemi.  I've heard that an
intercooler can and should be used, but I'm not sure how.  I'm using
carburetors on top of the blower.  Does the intercooler just go between the
blower and the intake manifold?  How big should it be?  Or more correctly, how
small can it be?  How much water flow does it need?  How much ice water supply
does it need?  Since the fuel will already be in the incoming charge, won't it
cause the fuel to condense and form droplets in the intake?  Last but not
least, does anything have to be done differently when running fuel
(alky+nitro) instead of gas?
Any other thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Dick J in East TexasGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com