Nolan & Don's Passing

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Nolan & Don's Passing
From: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 5:43:58 -0500
Fellow LSR Listers,
I sit here at 4:00 am after rereading for the forth time and--still having
trouble with the news about Don--can't help but think about Nolan also--WOW
what a loss to our sport by two guys who just-- KEPT AFTER IT.

What a tremoundus example they set for just never giving up of presuing your
dreams.

Given a choice I am sure most of us would rather go out like Nolan doing what
he loved--but what an example Don set by racing as long as he could and being a
fierce competitor to the end.

I barely knew each one but they both shared their thoughts about why they did
certain things on their cars when asked at the right time.

God Speed you guys--
I will surely think about you both eveytime I drive out on the Salt--especially
early in the morning when the sky is just getting pink in the East.

When a LSR racer is headed to Warnerville to pick up his unit at inpound for
the return run--they areabout as close to Heaven as one can get on this earth .
What an inspriation you two have been--are-- and will continue to be to those
of us who wish to share with you those, thoughts and feelings. wmts

PS Special thoughts & thanks to all of the families, loved ones and team
members whose love and support made it possible for them to race their
dreams.--We will miss them dearly also. wmts