Re: Nolan & Don's Passing

To: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>,
Subject: Re: Nolan & Don's Passing
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:08:10 -0800
Include in your thoughts the passing of Jim Feuling as well.  He made very
generous contributions to salt flats related people.  Jim arranged with
General Motors to donate a new Oldsmobile to the Wendover, UT High School
auto shop classes with credit going to USFRA for arranging the donation.  He
was doing R&D for GM and this was part of his deal.  He also made
contributions to the sport with his work on motorcycles.  The turbocharged
Quad-4 he ran over 200 mph as well as his streamliner were unique machines.
Perhaps not as well known but a fierce supporter and gifted innovator in the
racing scene.

That's three Southern California "giants" who are having a great reunion.

Wes

on 12/18/02 2:43 AM, wmtsmith@landracing.com at wmtsmith@landracing.com