Goals establishment

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Goals establishment
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:24:41 -0600
    The establishment of goals is paramount to achieving anything in life...
I'm not preaching just making an honest statement.... If you think about the
Boy Scouts... what where they preaching if not goal oreinted achievment....
Okay that having been said I think I need to share one of my mistakes... but
also one of my strong suits... and I'm doing this for the benifet of guys
that are early in this game...

    In 2000 I looked at the schedule and my personal finances and decided I
could afford to run all four venues for Land speed racing in the US.... Hmmm
hey there they are... dates on a calender... and I have me a semi fast race
car.... Hmmmmmmm   Geez I can get in All four 200mph clubs in one year....
crazy as it might seem... I thought it was possible...and I still think it
is if they every run Muroc again....BUT it wasn't a realistic goal for a guy
who's only been on the Salt one time and didn't have a real motor just
yet...  Big goals...  and quite frankly I about wore myself out trying to
accomplish it... and I had a Magical year... didn't accomplish everything I
set out to do... but I gave it a game try and went fairly fast on a sunny
day ( Dave ya just can't get outta it can ya )

    The real point of this was to tell you the first thing you have to do to
actually live this dream is to START by setting a reasonable and attainable
goal....   Dale's comment about wanting to set a personal record at
Bonneville was awesome... it's a goal.... he's working to attain it.... and
each of us can share in his joy if he makes that happen.... but even if he
doesn't and attempts it we can share in the adventure.... awesome.... I wish
more of you would state your goals... write them down share them with us....
let us become actively involved in your goal...   it takes courage...
because if you state a goal then you will feel obligated to accomplish
it.... Think about it for a minute if you will.... you will move this from a
dream to a reality simply because you said you were going to do something
and then did it!!!....  we here on this list will get the joy of sharing....
perfect reason for us all to be here...

Keith  ( keep it simple and be realistic... I loved watching the boys from
Louisianna ( Phil and Gary ) run that little Roadster )