Re: Aerodynamics

To: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>,
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: pork.pie@t-online.de (Pork Pie)
Date: 07 Jan 2003 21:11 GMT
Mathematical two parallel lines cross in the infinite...no joke

>From normal mathematical thinking is Jim's comment absolute correct.

But mathematical a curve can be very small straight lines in a row, and this
small lines creates a tangential curve or radius (means not constant radius - a
radius which goes bigger or smaller). The best known mathematical curve are
done by Burmester, due to this that today they use CAD systems in the
automotive/boat design, the Burmester curves are nearly forgotten. The CAD
program follows this mathematical curve from Burmester.
So, if you need a contour which follows this mathematical curve, go to a
engineer office, give one of the guys on the tube your starting points - means
length, width etc. and say to him that you like to have a 6 degrees connection
spline, and if he understood his menue he can give you the curve.

Jack and myself know both, that there are so much different rules (science)
that you will never have a chance to use one for your whole design. In other
words, use from each the best and combine them to a proper concept - this is
innovation.

See ya

Pork Pie