Re: Aerodynamics

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <nafzger@vtc.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:11:49 -0800
Jack, isn't what you are saying is that the horsepower has to be matched to
the gears? FOr instance can you  not have super monster of a motor that revs
to 7000 really well but the gears are so low that the speed peaks well under
the power? Jeeze, I sad that badly. I guess what I was saying is that the
rear gear can be so low that no speed results from full engine rpm. So you
need to match the power output to the total drag of the car and capability
of the motor.
mayf