Re: One Engine

To: Nt788@aol.com, rtmack@concentric.net, MPittwood@compuserve.com,
Subject: Re: One Engine
From: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:30:42 -0500
Malcom
since you haven't really had an answer I agree that it probably is a
difficult question to answer.
Being a reasonably good "interpretive rule reader" I will offer my thoughts.
If the block is a single casting, and not 2 pieces mechanically attached to
one another, then it is one block.  If the crankshaft is made as a V16 part
and not 2 cranks attached to each other then its one.
If we have two blocks bolted together and may be separated I would see it as
twin engine.
I think the tech committee would see it as if someone were to go to the
trouble of making one casting or crank or camshaft, then they are looking at
a V 16 engine, not two V8's.

I however am not a scrutinizer and have just this humble opinion...

Have a great day guys, I am. cept I'm freezing my arse off.  Cant wait for
next month.  Get to spend some time in Florida playing with the little red
haired girl....

Rick