Re: One Engine

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: One Engine
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:02:01 -0800
My question would be "Why?" If you are building a streamliner you may use as
many engines as you want. If not a 'liner and you are thinking around 1000
cid there are many Desiel engines that could be couverted to spark ignition
by some one who really wanted to. Lots of uper Stock tractors are running on
alcohol these days. Also 32 valve aluminum Ford tank motors such as I have
are farily avalible at around $3000 or less. Mort had a 1900 inch V12 the
story went. I've seen these for sale.
A Detroit 16-92 is very fast in that truck burning oil. What would it do in
a lakester on pop?  Rich Fox