RE: Corvair

To: "'Dick J'" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, wester6935@attbi.com,
Subject: RE: Corvair
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:45:25 -0600
Dick;

Your 912 had virtually the same setup as a tube-chassis mid-engine special I
built back in the late '60s-early '70s. Acceleration was great ( about 950
lbs total) and I had fun running it in autocross events. The bus transaxle
had such short gearing that I eventually replaced it with a Porsche 914
transaxle. Same adapter (KEP) and clutch, etc. so it was an easy swap. BTW,
Racer Brown made a good cam for the Corvair.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ