Re: Paint...

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Paint...
From: Doug Odom <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:57:30 -0800
    Mayf, There are several systems you can use. PPG and Du Pont being the most
popular around here. Go to a good body shop and ask them what they use and where
they get their supplies. Then go talk to the supplier and tell him what you want
to paint. Then get all of your supplies from one place. That way if you have any
problems or questions they will be able to answer them. I have found that if you
use one brand of top coat and another brand of primer and have a problem they
will just say it's the other guys fault.
    I use the Du Pont system myself. The variprime self-etching primer is
outstanding for the salt conditions we run in. For the frame and inside I use
the single stage, for the outside body I like the base coat-clear coat. You can
get a gravity feed gun from HF for about $75 that does a great job. The new
paints are hard to screw up. It's not the arrow it's the indian.
 Doug Odom in warm big ditch