Re: Paint...

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint...
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:27:35 -0800 (PST)
Mayf,
I use plain old Dupont laquer based primer.  Make sure you prime and sand at
least three times to be sure that the bondo surface and metal sufaces are
sealed.  Then I've had very good luck using Sherwin-Williams fleet paint.  They
are a modified acrylic enamel and easy to work with.  I used Kenworth red on
the Camaro.
Dick J In East Texas
 LGMCAFEE@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 1/18/03 12:03:50 PM Central Standard
Time,
drmayf@teknett.com writes:

<< Ok, I have done enough bondo work. I want to smear some paint on this pig.

Mayf I also have been painting and went to this site and got some good
information. http://www.autobodypro.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.shtml
For the paint I have been using is Kirker brand for a cheap paint it seems to
work OK. I priced a gallon of RM brand red and it was over 300.00 a gallon
for their base coat. the red Kirker was 53.00. The company I have been
getting my supplies from is at ww.pivco.net. They ship out the same day on
most orders.
Larry Mac