Re: Pierson Coupe Story

To: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pierson Coupe Story
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:27:20 -0600
It was a short little note and a picture in Hot Rod many years ago... that
mentioned Tom running little D motors that helped hook me on his portion of
the dream....

Hence the D motors in my car....

I remember back a couple of years when Tom first wrote that e-mail... I
loved his story.... especially the part about making something yours....  I
think the So-Al Special has that feel for me...   Sure the name is a knock
off.... sorta... but that's where the real fun comes in..... bitching bout
them So Cal boys stealing our logo.....  ( I don't what to hear about
dates.... I've already heard that story.... Snicker a bit... life is Good )

What some of you may not know is that Tom Bryant was a President of the SCTA
back in the early 60's.... and he did that job from many miles away..... so
not only did he make the car famous... he's just another one of the
volunteers through the years that's given us newbies a place to race....

Take a second and read about Tom's shop in Redding.... read about his
business ethic's , I think you guys will get to know Tom a bit better and
best of all have a great design model for any business....

it's www.bryantauto.com

Keith