Re: Aerodynamics Vs. time slips

To: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>,
Subject: Re: Aerodynamics Vs. time slips
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 07:07:23 -0800
All this "non bragging" (under the premise that it Ain't Braggin If Ya Done
It!) begs my original point.

I could care less about how great an increase there was in the record speed.
That's John Rains area of excellence and I don't remember any soft records
that he ran on ... however I've been wrong before.  The thing that blows me
away about what Howard and Bryan did is that they WENT FASTER EVERY RUN.
That's consistency.  Can ANY other car claim that?

I have all the respect in the world for these little motorcycle engines.
The horsepower they put out is incredible.  Mark Lingua claims he and his
brothers built their entire car except for the tires.  I didn't ask about
the gages.  I don't remember him with the uniform incremental increases in
speed however.  McBride and Moreau have accomplished their goals as well but
not in a progression of speeds from their timing slips ... even with Porkpie
(and his German order and efficiency) as a team member.  Bryan assembled one
great, durable, ALMOST bulletproof engine.

Jack has run many engines in many classes and his Theorums work!  But none
of them have made all those runs in sequence with a faster time EVERY time
down the salt that I remember.  Jack, Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wes

on 1/24/03 6:57 PM, wmtsmith@landracing.com at wmtsmith@landracing.com