Re: Dry sump & Electric Motors

To: Bill Pokey Bennett <bennevl@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Dry sump & Electric Motors
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:15:16 -0800 (PST)
Bill
Well there's the answer....many years ago a friend of mine hooked a generator
(yes it was a generator, not an alternater....showing my age here) to a lawn
mower engine...can't remember if it was 2 1/2 or 3 HP. When we hooked the
generator to a battery it killed the motor every time.

                    Glenn
 "Bill \"Pokey\" Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net> wrote:After I wrote the
previous email I found my reference material. It was in a
catalog on hydraulic motors.
Here is the equivalences given:
1 HP electric motor = 1 1/2 HP hydraulic motor
1 HP gas engine = 2/3 hydarulic motor
1 HP hydraulic motor = 1 2/3 HP gas engine
1 HP hydraulic motor = 2/3 HP electric motor
So if my math is right at this late at this early hour of the day I come up
with the following:
1 HP electric motor = 2 1/2 HP gas engine

Bill