Re: Hydrogen question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hydrogen question
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:46:23 -0500
At 11:07 PM 1/28/03 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 1/28/03 3:35:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>webmaster@landracing.com writes:
>

>> > What made all of those brilliant flames that consumed the Hindenberg?
>
>It was a dirigible, not a blimp, all the framework was magnesium. Ever try to
>put out a magnesium fire? Bob in connecticut

 . the frame of the airship was not magnesium,
they were  Duraluminum girders.

my uncle worked in the smelter in NJ, that processed the metal from
the Hindenberg disaster, he saved some sections instead of
putting them in the pot. and donated those to the Lakehurst
airship museum before he passed away in 1982.