Cast Iron D Motor...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cast Iron D Motor...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 02:18:08 -0600
    Seems as thou your alll going to be quiet... ( in Ed's case this is
Good ) soooo I'll babble for a second....

Had a couple of freinds drop by yesterday and we stuck the bottom end of the
Cast Iron D motor together.... just a great day....  kinda built us an
assembly line... one person washing the parts one person drying and me
sticking together.... it turned out to be an extreamly clean way of doing
it...

I'd mocked it up in the last couple of months.... because I'd replaced the
block ( had that iffy cylinder ) .... Made sure the deck height, bores and
line honing had been right... checked all the bearings and such....  I
hadn't been in a hurry because I really didn't know if I'd need the motor
right away.... Then we blew up the Mule motor which kinda stunk... so with
Racing only a couple of months away figured I'd better get off my duff.....

Today I'm going to finish the top end and figure I'll shake the bread box
out back and see if that Camaro will fall out the back...  Seems I have to
send the front drive assembly's to Ted Wenz so Uncle Dave can go play....
They have the Rodeck ready to dyno up in New York... whew... based on the
pictures they sent me it's going to be fun....

Well enough babbling... what are you folks up to?

Keith ( morning Dan.... )