RE: Cast Iron D Motor...

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cast Iron D Motor...
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 13:49:04 -0500
Pretty quiet here in NC, but I'm making some progress.
In regards to the Merk, the new (NA) Buick V6 is sitting in the frame,
motor mounts welded in place, redoing the tranny (Tex T101) mount due to
header locations.
Drive shaft (really trick billet NASCAR unit)is in place & mounted,
still need to make room (with torch) for the new (Mid Valley, really
nice  sealed assembly) shifter.
Headers are all fabricated and am working on welding up the exhaust
pipes, should be done this week and will then go to the ceramic coater.
I've ordered a Wilwood rear brake kit to do away with the drums in the
rear and looking seriously at the fronts for some improvement.
I hope to try the Merk out this spring on a Hill Climb SCCA event.
I bought a Howe 2 to 1 steering quickner which when installed backwards,
will increase my steering ratio by 2 to 1 and if I reverse it for the
hill climb, it will cut it to 1/2.
Roof flaps are installed. Decided on new color scheme to be Silver Pearl
and Purple
Haven't started on the twin turbo motor as yet, but have accumulated
some of the parts. Plan is to have 2 "E" motors one NA and one turbo.
Might even build some "D" motors to go play with KT

The T'Bird is still out in the trailer, waiting. I kinda have it for
sale but if I don't sell it I'll race it.

Grib

"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of
your life"