RE: Sir Frank Whittle: Turbojet Inventor

To: "'joe lance'" <jlance2@msn.com>, 116950@msn.com, ronnieroadster@aol.com,
Subject: RE: Sir Frank Whittle: Turbojet Inventor
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:57:50 -0700
Thanks for the education, Joe, love this list.  There are advantages and
disadvantages to both axial and centrifugal flow.  Our single engine
helicopter uses the Rolls Royce/Allison 250 series engines and they have an
air path that turns 450 degrees.  Air enters the front and exits in the
middle. Our twin engine helicopter uses the Pratt & Whitney 200 series
engine and it's air path turns 630 degrees!  Air enters in the middle and
exits out the back.

Dale C.

                Cc:     JLANCE2

                Great historical Stuff! Can't help wondering what kind of
land speed car
                Auto Union would've built if they had some Junkers-Jumo
004s.

                Lance

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..