Re: MLS / History stuff

To: "Bryan Savage" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: MLS / History stuff
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 04:28:34 -0600
Interesting story bout Ken Miles.... Donald Healey had to do the same head
lapping procedure at Bonneville in 56 to get into the Two Club... his Blown
streamlined six cylinder Healey had a head gasket failure... so they hand
lapped it with compound... cleaned it up... and he ran an average of
203mph....  Then some chicken farmer drove the car on the 10 mile circle for
a on hour average of 156mph....

Fun stuff.....  I love the history of this sport as well as the fact that
several of the folks on this list have been there for most of it....

Keith ( look up chicken farmer in the dictionary and I think Carrol Shelby's
name is next to it.... )