Re: Tool Borrow?

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, "DrMayf"
Subject: Re: Tool Borrow?
From: "Bill Pokey Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:12:21 -0500
Glen,
Your right The name GreenLee is a trade name but has come to be a generic
name for any type of chassis punch also called knock outs.  Same for the
Unibit lots of folks make them just everyone calls them Unibits.
Some tips on using Unibits that might save someone some pain and
aggrevation.

Use a drill with plenty of torque. Large cordless or  perferably an electric
drill with a side handle. Air drills don't normally have enough torque.
Don't try to force feed these bits they have a tendency to grap while
cutting. Have been know to wrap arms like pretzels. Beware of stationary
objects close by always seems to be the one you didn't notice that your arm
hits. Debur backside of hole as they do leave a sharp edge. I usually just
use the Unibit lightly on the backside to remove the bur.

Chassis punches rent these unless you going to be using them constantly.
Anything bigger than a 1' pipe size hole and you are going to want a
hydraulic type if you have a few holes to punch.

Bill