Re: Plasma Cutter or band saw or ?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plasma Cutter or band saw or ?
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:11:41 EST
In a message dated 3/20/03 8:47:36 AM Central Standard Time,
James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM writes:

<<
 I've got a fair amount of cutting to do, way more than for a
 hacksaw, and enough that I'm not even happy about using my
 reciprocating saw. All steel, 1020 and maybe a little 4130.

It depends on what you will be cutting the most. If I was cutting a lot of
tubing and pipe I would go with a band saw. If I was cutting a lot of plate I
would look at the plasma cutter. I don't think the miter saw would work that
well. I have what they call a cold saw that turns a metal cutting blade but
it turns slow and I think the blades cost about $100.00 each. I don't have a
plasma torch but they would be nice, that will be my next major  purchase. I
know I use my band saw a lot.
Larry Mac