Re: non lsr - war

To: <BWANA343@aol.com>, <john.metcalfe3@ntlworld.com>,
Subject: Re: non lsr - war
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:09:56 -0600
John.... I've never met you... so I'm going to simply provide you the
facts...

none of this is classified

Each Aircraft in the gulf has a functioning IFF.  ( Identify Freind or Foe )

This Tornado's IFF worked going into Iraq or it would have been shot down.

This Tornado's IFF did NOT work leaving Iraq.

The Patriot system has more then one missle,  only one aircraft was shot
down.  So unless I can assume that it was the only aircraft in the air that
day.... I have to assume the Tornado's IFF wasn't on the right code.

Why that aircraft wasn't on the right code when it's fellow fighters were is
the real question.  and that my freind is under investigation...

Now as for the British....  I don't think there is a bigger fan on our list
then myself...  I've owned and restored Austin Healey's since I was a kid.
I hold the resolve and skills of the British people in the highest
reguard...  Mistakes happen especially in war... it's an unfortunate fact of
life...

If you don't think this is personal consider that two Apache's are missing
this morning...  I trained folks to fly the Apache from 1985-1996  in other
words I knew almost Every single Apache pilot in the Army for that period of
time.... So now I'm sitting here wondering which of my freinds are fixing to
show up on Iraq's TV show shot in the head...

And don't forget that Bob Wanner's freinds were the folks lost going into
the World Trade towers to save the lives of people they never met.

The World is a crazy place.... to leave someone out there that can sting us
like that just doesn't make sense...

Sooo.... I'm not going to send this to the list...  we need to keep it free
of politic's if at all possible....

Keith > ( Ps the best Apache Pilot I have ever flown with was an exchange
instructor from the UK.... his name was Blue Anderson... awesome man and a
great pal... )