non lsr - war

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: non lsr - war
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:42:35 -0700
I appreciated the evaluation today about French President Jacques Chirac by
Utah Senator Robert Bennett.  Bennett says Chirac's goal is to be the
"President" of Europe.  As such he would have far more power than he has as
President of France.  In order to be looked up to enough to be selected for
a lofty position he has to appear as a leader.  With the anti-American
sentiment in Europe today, being seen as a vocal opponent of the US is a
popular way to gain status.  Interesting slant to the whole thing.

I just wish we could send the movie apologists and liberal campus pundits to
Iraq to spend a year or so ... not a three day guided tour of the "good"
stuff.  I'm not sure how many would change their minds but I'll bet the
result would be interesting.

My personal prayers and best wishes are with those coalition troops who will
find themselves in harms way during this upcoming conflict.  My MD neighbor
who will be leaving his wife and four small children to head a MASH unit on
Thursday is very concerned about what he will see in the way of chemical and
biological exposures.  What will happen to Iraqui civilians who are exposed
to toxins when a smart bomb hits a storage area?  Or troops have 120 days
for their protective suits to be effective and then the suits will be
destroyed.  What about the care givers in hospitals who will receive those
contaminated people?

We have smart troops and smart weapons and I hope they destroy Saddam's
capabilities to wage terror as immediately as possible.  I pray they will be
VERY successful.

Wes