Re: Spill Plates?

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Spill Plates?
From: "Bill Pokey Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:30:08 -0500
Hey I like the equivalents there. Ok given a squared off end on a car and
add a spoiler horizontal at the end of the car. Now add spill plates at each
end of spoiler, that lets just say for rules sake extended to the centerline
of the rear axle. Do the spill plates need to be completely verticle or can
they be angled outward at the front and transition to verticle as they get
to the end? Total height is limited but if I can angle them I can gain some
area. If I was to lean them out say 45 degrees I could be 11 5/16 and still
only be 8 inches above the spoiler. Only thing that comes to mind is from my
days back with the dirt track cars and the large wings and huge spill plates
made from lexan!

And MayF  don't make swiss cheese out of the sunbeam. I don't want those
bits back I might have to do some work. LOL

Bill